2009-06-02

New mods for Max III

Some people told me long ago to make a model now..make a model now. Think about it.

I just finished the mods initiated by the Peter Garrison story. I was able to slim the fuselage by 7-8% and I also increased the prop size by 20%. Now all the Reymar equations will show better indications for better efficiency.

I believe the over all better aerodynamics ( lower coefficient at 0.011 niveau ) will make this kite soar better than anything before, albeit having the prop in the rear.

I understand the problem for those teachers in pusher prop configuratons is the problematic amount of drag alongside fuselage and caused by the wings and all this turbulent air causing a situation where the prop efficiency is hard to count. I did long a go realize this and thus the RPMS are lower but the pitch and form of the prop is different in order to gain maximum efficiency. Also few "poor man's area ruling" is used in few parts of the design to gain edge.

Here is the new cut/section;


Had I made the model 2 months ago it would be of entire different aircraft than this here. I may also loose the flaps..do I really need them in a 40 kg/m2 wing ?

2 comments:

  1. Edelleen meinaat heittää kiviä yms potkuriin tuolla kannuspyörällä?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joo tuo syteemi on nyt siksi kun yksi kaveri sanoi, että ns. kääntyvä kannuspyörä tuottaa hänen experimentaalissaan ongelmia, koska se kääntyy liikaa ja tekee rullaamisesta mankalaa. Nyt esitety on kiintea muovinen joka antaa keveyttä ja ei liiraa liian helposti laidasta laitaan vaan pysyy kovassa nopeudessa aikalaila suorassa piensitä sivariliikkeistä huolimatta.
    Kieltämättä ajattelin edelleen sellaista Tom Aberlen Phanatom kaksitason kaltaista sivaria...jonka jo kerran esittelinkin.

    ReplyDelete